Code of Ethics
Effective July 1, 2021, the Government of Ontario implemented a Code of Ethics which sets out clear ethical standards that Ontario’s licensed home builders and vendors must meet.
In addition, Section 57 of the New Home Construction Licensing Act, 2017 and the Code of Ethics set out the establishment of Discipline and Appeals Committees.
The Registrar may refer a matter to the Discipline Committee if the HCRA receives a complaint regarding the conduct of a licensee and the Registrar believes that there may have been a Code of Ethics violation.
The Discipline Committee hears and determines whether licensees have complied with the Code of Ethics.
Jeff Donnelly (Public)
Alisa Chaplick (Public)
The Discipline Committee may order a licensee to:
- Take further educational courses
- Fund educational courses for persons that the licensee employs or to arrange and fund the courses
- Pay a fine up to a maximum of $50,000 for individual licensees and $100,000 for non-individual licensees to be paid to the regulatory authority
- Pay a fine above the maximum amount if the licensee received a monetary benefit from failing to comply with the Code of Ethics.
- Suspend or postpone the taking of further educational courses, the funding or the arranging of educational courses or the imposition of the fine for the period and upon the terms the committee designates
- Fix and impose costs that the licensee is required to pay to the HCRA
The Discipline Committee must consider any prior determination of the committee that a licensee failed to comply with the Code of Ethics and, subject to the maximum fine amount, may impose a more severe fine on the licensee.
For more information, please see the Rules of Practice.
Guy Caverson (Licensee)
Graham Clarke (Public)
Discipline and Appeals Committee Members (cross-appointed)
- Amanda Lazaridis (Licensee)
- Nathan Kok (Licensee)
- Sam Biasucci (Licensee)
- Emily Li (Licensee)
- Shailey Singh (Licensee)
- Francesca Jacobs (Licensee)
- Yousif Kazandhi (Licensee)
- Yaroslav Bilyk (Licensee)
- Sylvia Kasparek (Licensee)
- Claude Lloyd (Public)
- Lisa Key (Public)
- Ken Cufaro (Public)
- Daniela Corapi (Public)
While all current committee positions have been filled, we encourage anyone interested in joining our Discipline and Appeals Committees to contact the HRCA by emailing email@example.com for more information.
Calendar of Hearings
Will be posted when available.
Additional Compliance & Enforcement Actions
Referral to the Discipline Committee represents one course of action that the Registrar may take against licensees who do not meet conduct and competency standards. Learn more about the additional regulatory action the Registrar may choose to enforce. These enforcement measures are all set in place to curtail unethical and illegal behaviour.