Applicants who wish to serve as members of the HCRA’s Discipline and Appeals Committees are required to have the following skills, experience, and knowledge in order to carry out the responsibilities effectively.
To qualify as a public member, the applicant must never have been a licensee; registrant under the Ontario New Home Warranties Plan Act (ONHWPA); shareholder, officer, director, employee or principal of a licensee/registrant;, interested person of a licensee/registrant; officer, director or employee of a trade association that represents licensees or the interests of licensees; a member of the board of the HCRA or a member of the board of Tarion.
- Familiarity with the home construction sector and the HCRA’s mandate
- Ability to become familiar with the Code of Ethics, New Home Construction Licensing Act (NHCLA) and Statutory Powers Procedure Act
- Understanding of the justice system and administrative law
- Strong analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities
- Impartiality, sound judgment, integrity, and ability to fairly assess cases involving conflicting accounts or evidence
- Have not been disciplined by a regulatory body or professional association in the last five years and have never been found guilty of a criminal offence
- Commitment to maintain fair and transparent processes
- Willingness to make the time commitment to be an active committee member by attending the necessary training, meetings, and hearings
- Ability and willingness to travel within Ontario, if necessary
- Comfort with the use of web-based application and can collaborate effectively in virtual meetings
Experience with other administrative authorities, regulatory authorities of professionals, tribunals or councils would be an asset.
- Download and complete this application form.
- Send the completed application form along with a resume to email@example.com.
- Applicants will be contacted to advance to the next stage, which will involve a virtual interview and reference check. The HCRA will only contact applicants selected for the next stage.
Applications must be submitted by May 23, 2021 at 11:59 p.m.