Click through the tabs below to learn more:
Builder or Vendor Conduct Complaint
If you have concerns regarding the conduct of a builder or vendor, please complete this form. Please include as much information and detail as possible. The HCRA will notify you if additional information is required.
Illegal Builder or Vendor Complaint
If you believe that a builder or vendor is not licensed, please complete this illegal building form.
If you are unsure about the licence status of a builder or vendor, you can check the Ontario Builder Directory (OBD).
If you need assistance with filing a complaint with the HCRA, contact us at email@example.com.
What to expect after filing your complaint
When you file a complaint, here is what the HCRA will do:
- Acknowledge receipt of your complaint within three to five business days.
- Review your complaint and supporting documentation.
- Determine whether the HCRA has the authority to address your concerns.
- If your complaint involves a licensed builder or vendor, notify the builder or vendor about your complaint. A copy of your complaint and supporting documentation will, where appropriate, be provided to the builder or vendor. The builder or vendor will be asked to respond to the allegations in your complaint, and to provide any information and documentation in support of their response.
- Where necessary, ask you for additional information, including contact information for individuals who may be of assistance in the course of the HCRA’s inquiries into your complaint.
- If satisfied that the evidence supports the allegations in the complaint, take appropriate regulatory action.
- Advise you of the HCRA’s decision about your complaint.
Every complaint is unique. Some complaints require significant investigation and complaint volumes can vary. The steps taken to review and investigate your complaint will depend on the nature of the complaint and the information available to the HCRA. It is the HCRA’s intention to deal with all complaints in a timely and thorough manner.
For more information about the complaint process and possible outcomes, please visit HCRA Complaint Process.